Signers of the
Declaration of Election-Method Reform Advocates
The following election-method experts have signed this declaration:
- Jameson Quinn; instigator of this declaration; supports Approval as a first step, and SODA or Majority Judgment as eventual goal.
- Forest W. Simmons; PhD mathematician who has studied election methods and participated in the Election-Methods list discussions for more than a decade; supports statement wholeheartedly
- Richard Fobes; VoteFair.org; author of Ending The Hidden Unfairness In U.S. Elections, wrote major portions of this declaration; prefers VoteFair ranking, which is based on the Condorcet-Kemeny method
- L. G. Ted Stern; Ph.D. Applied Math., occasional participant in Election-Methods list and ESF list since 2004; Supports Range, Approval, Bucklin/Majority Judgment, Condorcet, in that order, and Bucklin Transferable Vote for Proportional Representation.
- Stéphane Rouillon; Engineer in Physics, M.Sc.A. Mechanical Engineering, Ph.D. Applied Mathematics, Member of the Expert Committee mandated by the Direction Générale des Elections du Québec for studying the modalities of a mixed member compensatory system, Consultant for the "Soirée des Jutra" selection board, Expert-witness in the Association pour la Revendication des Droits Démocratiques case, designer of the System Preferential Proportional and Acirconscriptive; Single Transferable Vote fan.
- Jack Rudd; BSc in Mathematics;Approval, Range
- Andrew Jennings; Ph.D. Mathematics (emphasis on Social Choice), and Treasurer, Center for Election Science
- Warren D. Smith; PhD applied math, co-founder rangevoting.org and president Center for Election Science
- Peter Zborník; M.Sc. in Mathematical Statistics, Master of Public Policy. Czech Green Party member; supports any of the methods when used in two or more election rounds
- David Larson Wetzell; PhD in economics; I support all sincere efforts to come together and reason about how we may tend our democracies.
- Mike Ossipoff; Founding member of election-methods forum; Advocates Approval voting for full support for favorites
- (Add your name here? If you have relevant credentials, you can add your name to this section by sending your name and relevant credentials to the Election-Methods forum at www.electorama.com, or making your request at the original Google Docs document. A valid email address is required.)
Ban Single-Mark Ballots
you can communicate with other Facebook users who like this declaration.
If you haven't already, please click the above like button. Thank you for helping gain attention for this Declaration!
Please express “Google Plus” support for this declaration here:
Thank you for helping gain attention for this Declaration!
These individuals have signed this declaration at the original Google Docs location:
- Matt Welland
- Craig Lee Chrisco
- Toby Pereira, MA Philosophy of Mind
- Sean Walker
To add your name to this list — which requires a Google account — you can add a comment to the original Google Docs document.
Signatures collected at AskForIt.com
Signatures have also been collected at the Ask For It website.
Recent count: 6
To add your name there, click this Declaration of Election Method Reform Advocates link and follow the instructions.
(Note: Some signers may have signed this declaration in more than one place.)